Keyword rankings are the first thing that comes to mind for any SEO expert. But, if you don’t have a good understanding of how keyword rankings work and what you can do to improve your rankings, it can be difficult to get your site where it needs to be.
What is SEO?
Keyword rankings are a crucial part of SEO and getting your site seen. SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in organic search results and “organic,” in this context, refers to whatever is not paid. SEO can also be seen as an online marketing discipline that entails optimizing the site’s content and its marketing strategy. The goal of SEO is to make a website rank higher in organic search engine results.
The right way to achieve better keyword rankings
Some people think that cramming top-ranking keywords onto a site is going to improve the site’s overall rankings however these days are gone. Now SEO is focused more on the user experience on the site. That it is optimal and has a significant focus on the intent behind searches.
Then from this other SEO components can be focused on such as making sure your sites have engaging content, and that it is easily navigable plus more.
What to do to get your site ranking for keywords
1. Have a copy of your site’s rankings from when you started to be able to compare the results in a couple of months’ time to see your site’s overall improvement.
2. Use user intent as a way to decide what keywords will be valuable to your site and have more of a chance in rankings. Another SEO tip to consider is the keywords difficulty.
3. Include keywords in your content that compliment the user intent. To assist with this also schedule to review content on your site for relevancy monthly.
4. Ensure your site is well structured.
5. Ensure content is accurate. Make sure to include heading tags whenever relevant, plus images that can do wonders for your site in terms of rankings.
6. Be aware of when Google has their next algorithm updates.
7. Aim to get into Google’s answer boxes.
8. Create reliable links both internally and from outside websites.
10. Create a list of ways that you can promote your website such as advertising on social media or setting up a Google Business Profile .
Improving your site’s keyword rankings is a never-ending process of reviewing the ever-changing climate of Google. By following these suggestions above, however, you can put your site in a place where your keywords will have a higher chance of ranking. Check out how the Digital Marketing team at Canty Digital can assist with these tips, here.